NOV Curried potato pastries
0 Comment /
1118 Views /
Serve these pastries as a delicious evening snack
- 300g potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 100g frozen peas
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1-2 tsp curry paste (any type)
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- juice ½ lemon
- handful coriander, chopped
- 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat a large pan of water, add the potatoes, then cook for 8 mins until just soft. Add the peas 1 min before the end of cooking time. Drain, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the onion until soft and slightly coloured. Add the curry paste and mustard seeds, then fry for a few mins more until the mixture smells fragrant. Carefully stir in the potatoes and peas, trying not to mash them. Add the lemon juice and coriander, then leave to cool.
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Unroll the pastry rectangle, place on a floured surface with the long side towards you and roll it out a little more to make it into a square shape. Cut into 4 squares, then cut each one in half so you have 8 long rectangles. Place 4 of them onto a baking sheet, brush the edges with beaten egg and place a quarter of the filling down the centre of each. Top with the remaining pastry, then pinch the edges together to make a sealed parcel. Brush with more egg, then bake for 20 mins until puffed and golden. If cooking from frozen, bake for 30 mins. Serve with fresh green salad and a spoonful of chutney.